Attending a Ground Floor Lab is the first step for those interested in applying for Open Floor Teacher Training.
While there are no formal prerequisites, Ground Floor Lab is geared towards movement teachers, and people who have been ignited by their own movement practice and might like to pursue the teaching path. These labs are for you if:
- You're a working movement teacher looking for new inspiration and skills.
- You're an aspiring teacher interested in applying for an Open Floor Teacher Training, and already have extensive personal experience in one or more movement modalities. You may not have enough prerequisite study to apply for training just yet, but can see if it's something you'd like to study in the future.
- You're a licensed psychology professional interested in adding movement to your work with clients. Experience in body-based modalities required.
- You work in education, social work, hospice or other service professions and would like to integrate embodied movement into your work with students and/or clients.
Ground Floor Lab is not a teacher training, but rather an overview for those considering training in the future.
Dates for Ground Floor Labs
- January 26-30, 2017, Philadelphia, PA, USA with Sarah Davies
- July 24-28, 2017, Fairfax, California
- April 12-16, 2017, Villetrun, France with Sarah Davies and Lucie Nerot
These labs offer a chance to take a tour of our evolving work in the Open Floor Movement Practice. The curriculum includes:
- Experiencing Open Floor Movement Practice
- Universal movement principles that underlie all healing dance practice
- Chance to understand what's the intention behind and purpose of each movement exercise?
- A grounding in the Open Floor International core values that inform us on and off the dance floor
- A chance to learn about Dynamic Governance -- our creative collaboration model