The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life’s Perfection
Reviewed By: Andrea Juhan Ph.D.
I enjoyed Singers description of his journey with the practice that I call “getting out of the way.” He takes you with him for two or more decades of his life, from the perspective of Surrender. I found it inspiring, in that he makes it seem possible for any of us to practice this. He states: “Am I better off making up an alternate reality in my mind and then fighting with reality to make it be my way, or am I better off letting go of what I want and serving the same forces of reality that managed to create the entire perfection of the universe around me.”
This book is an inquiry that is pertinent for anyone studying Conscious Dance or other forms of Embodiment.
Andrea Juhan Ph.D.
Author: Michael Singer
Language availability: English, Japanese, Spanish
From the author of the New York Times #1 bestseller The Untethered Soul comes the astonishing true-life story about what happens when you just let go.
• A thriving spiritual community on over six hundred acres of pristine forest and meadows in Florida
• A cutting-edge software package that transformed the medical practice management industry
• A billion-dollar public company whose achievements are archived in the Smithsonian Institution
• A book that became a New York Times bestseller and an Oprah favorite
• A massive raid by the FBI that would lead to unfounded accusations by the U.S. government
How could all of this spring from a man who had decided to live alone in the middle of the woods, let go of himself, and embrace a life of solitude?
Michael A. Singer, author of The Untethered Soul, tells the extraordinary story of what happened when, after a deep spiritual awakening, he decided to let go of his personal preferences and simply let life call the shots. As Singer takes you on this great experiment and journey into life’s perfection, the events that transpire will both challenge your deepest assumptions about life and inspire you to look at your own life in a radically different way.
The Surrender Experiment is now a New York Times bestseller!