12apr(apr 12)12:00 pm14(apr 14)5:00 pmCommon ThreadOn-going Group with Kathy Altman12:00 pm - 5:00 pm (14) Tucson, ArizonaType:On Going GroupWorld Region :US&Canada - North AmericaCountry :United StatesTeachers:Kathy Altman Event TagsExpressive arts,Body Language
12 (Friday) 12:00 pm - 14 (Sunday) 5:00 pm
Elective for Teacher Training?
20 hours experience of instructed conscious dance practice (E.g. Open Floor, 5Rhythms ®, Soul Motion, Movement Medicine, etc.)
Lifelines in Three Parts - An on-going committed group There is a thread you follow. It goes among Things that change. But it doesn’t change. You have to explain about the thread. But it is
Lifelines in Three Parts – An on-going committed group
There is a thread you follow. It goes among
Things that change. But it doesn’t change.
You have to explain about the thread.
But it is hard for others to see.
While you hold it you can’t get lost. —William Stafford
Life is the ultimate paradox. It is both blissful and difficult, terrific and terrifying. Perennial wisdom can help us navigate this precious life from a place of strength, but it takes effort both joyful and deliberate.
This three part, committed group will be held over the period of a year. It will include Open Floor movement practices, a visual art project that spans the program, sitting meditation and written and verbal inquiry.
Full commitment amidst loving company will help us examine the fabric of our lives; the threads that connect us and those that have faded or frayed.
Module 1 – Common Ground – April 12-14, 2019
These are some of the questions we will investigate as we share our common need for solidity, identity and successful survival.
- What’s the nature of the soil I was born into?
- What original seeds have grown and flourished?
- What is the ground I stand on now?
- What identities have I built that serve me? Which ones keep me bound in shoes that no longer fit?
Module 2 – Common Sense – September 26-29, 2019
These are some of the questions we will investigate as we share common sense wisdom for those times we must endure life’s necessary suffering and find center again and again.
- How do I sense and surrender to my inner knowing?
- How do I tend to my inner life amidst growing outer demands and floods of emotion?
- How do I stay centered when life tosses me around like a life raft in a storm?
- How do I nourish connection and intimacy without abandoning my sense of self?
Module 3 – Common Good – April 10-12, 2020
These are some of the questions we will navigate as we turn ourselves towards our shared world and towards our common good.
- Can I find and follow my life’s purpose?
- Can I make a contribution that arises from my unique life experience?
- Can my values and beliefs be reflected and received in community and society?
- Can I rest in the great mystery, knowing I will never full know what life has in store?
This is soul work. Everyone has a unique contribution to make. It is a necessary part of our journey to offer it. Then comes the surrender to spirit, witnessing where the seeds of our offerings blow, settle and root.
Come join us for the creation of this sudden community with people who love to investigate life through movement, the creative arts and silence.
This committed on-going group is by Application Only, please email to request your application:
Lynn Fleischman – email@example.com
Full fee: $950
Early Payment Discount – $100 discount for early payment in full of $850 by March 15, 2019
Payment schedule available