“The church says the body is a sin; science says the body is a machine; the marketplace says the body is good business; the body says, ‘I am a fiesta’.” Eduardo Galeano
From birth to death, we are sexual beings. From the first cells that evolve into being, to the deep surrender of a last exhale, a lifespan is infused with libido. Dance can awaken the potent energy of one’s libido in ways that can be electrifying and sometimes overwhelming and confusing.
The vital energy of libido can be present in moments of deep play, a tender touch, a provocative piece of art, a sexy song, a mature gaze, the soothing voice of a poet, the sacred words of a mystic.
When this energy is acknowledged, supported and expressed authentically, the potential for healing is immense and empowering.
Libido is offered in a variety of formats, including a Fundamentals introductory weekend and on-going groups that meet over a period of time.
- We explore this lively, sometimes latent energy of libido with curiosity and mindfulness using the Open Floor Core Movement Resources.
- We open up physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual terrain of sexuality, libido and life force.
Watch this video to learn more about what to expect from the Libido program.
Love of Life is a collaboration between the talented filmmaker and Libido On-going participant Will Harris, Libido creator Andrea Juhan, and a large group of amazing generous dancers and teachers, who have all dedicated themselves to sharing the richness they have found in this work.
Libido programs are open to all adults regardless of gender identity, gender expression, biological sex, sexual orientation, or relationship status. We strive to co-create an environment that is inclusive, curious and expansive, and honors the experiences each person brings into the room.
Libido programs are for those who:
- want to understand the dynamics of attraction and attachment.
- are looking to cultivate erotic intelligence and expand their capacity to love life.
- are interested in an embodied and healthy exploration of their sexuality.
- want to intentionally connect through movement with the source of their desires to experience greater fulfillment and satisfaction in relationships of all kinds.
- want to harness the energy of libido for creative pursuits.
Libido Fundamentals workshops are open to dancers with 12 hours of Open Floor Movement Practice or other Conscious Dance practices. Other Libido workshops and groups may require different prerequisites. Please check specific workshop/on-going group events for more information.
Libido news & updates
Coming up LIBIDO
21mar6:00 pm24(mar 24)5:00 pmLibido: Desire and IceWorkshop with Andrea Juhan6:00 pm - 5:00 pm (24) Masonic Hall, Mountain View, CA, USAType:Workshop,LIBIDOWorld Region :US&Canada - North AmericaCountry :United StatesTeachers:Andrea Juhan
28mar(mar 28)6:30 pm31(mar 31)5:00 pmLibido FundamentalsWorkshop with Cynthia Kennedy6:30 pm - 5:00 pm (31) Olympia, Washington, United StatesType:Workshop,LIBIDOWorld Region :US&Canada - North AmericaCountry :United StatesTeachers:Cynthia Kennedy
29mar(mar 29)7:00 pm31(mar 31)5:00 pmLibido Fundamentals II - RelationshipLibido On-Going Group with Cathy Ryan7:00 pm - 5:00 pm (31) Somers Town Sports Centre, London, UKType:Workshop,On Going Group,LIBIDOWorld Region :EuropeCountry :United KingdomTeachers:Cathy Ryan