For me, dancing means living, touching, experiencing, feeling and playing everything. Dance carries me, is a huge support, always brings me something new, moves me, makes me feel part of life and connects me with my zest for life and strength.
I believe that what originally and uniquely moves in each of us is always part of you. For me, dance is the most accessible way to invite and encourage this.
What I bring together in my life and work is the wisdom of the body in motion and the richness of body-oriented psychotherapy. The basis in everything I offer is my own experience in dance and life.
In the past 20 years I have trained in many forms of dance and therapy in addition to teaching in the 5Rhythms®.
* The basic training (1997) of the 5Rhythms® was deepened with the Heartbeat training in 2004 (working with emotions).
* Recently (2015) I graduated in Open Floor Movement.
* In addition, I trained in Transpersonal Psychotherapy (based on Gestalt Therapy) 1986-1990.
* Somatic Experience, Sensory Motor Psychotherapy (innovative, body-oriented psychotherapies for trauma relief) and Psycho-Drama
* For the past 8 years I have been trained by Andrea Juan in the developed method (Open Floor) in which therapy and dance come together; the current name is: Open Floor Encounter, a movement therapy form that I now also offer in the Netherlands and in many European countries