Administrative Services Contractor Responsibilities
Sociocracy Secretarial Duties for 3 Circles
Circles have varied meeting schedules. On average Circles have 4 –6 members and meet once a month. Most members are volunteers. Secretaries follow the Sociocracy guidelines, summarized here:
- Collect agenda items, including reviewing previous meeting records and the Master Decision Log to determine what decisions need review.
- Work with the facilitator and operational leader to build the agenda.
- Take minutes during the meeting and create a new agenda for the next meeting, based on Sociocracy guidelines.
- Research prior decisions and topics for Circle members.
- Schedule meetings in Outlook, book the Zoom room and invite the circle members and guests.
- Send out meeting notices, with a link to the agenda and any related documents to all circle members and guests.
- Post the consented decisions on the Circle’s Yammer.
- Add consented decisions to the Master Decision Log
- Yammer any decisions that impact everyone to all company members.
Operational Support for 3 Circles
These tasks support the Circles generally, not tied to the Circle meetings.
- Work with the Operational Leaders to recruit new Members.
- Provide orientation to the OFI Member Handbook, SharePoint files, Sociocracy, and help set up email and calendars to sync with their own.
- Make sure the Circle’s SharePoint files are named and filed correctly and are easily accessible.
- Manage Circle’s document updates and layout in Word for external presentation.
- Monitor filesharing outside of OFI.
- Support Circle members in their use of Office 365, Outlook, SharePoint and Zoom.
- Keep up to date on IT updates and changes and communicate those charges to the Circle.
- Keep up to date on Sociocracy training opportunities and materials and share access to that information as needed. Track the Circle members’ Sociocracy training process.
- Post on Yammer to keep the Circle connected. Connect key files to Yammer for easy access.
General Data Management – for all Circles
These tasks are more general, supporting the organization as a whole.
- Track 40 + Circle memberships and roles and update in Outlook 365 Groups, Yammer, and an Excel spreadsheet. Respond to requests for reports and information.
- Support MailChimp data management, providing backend support to the Marketing Lead, Executive Director and the Director of Operations as needed.
- From time to time, work on tracking additional information, as needed and time and budget allow.