A world where conscious movement and dance ignites creativity, community, social justice, health and well-being.
- To further the development of movement as a healing practice
- To integrate embodiment across disciplines such as, but not limited to, health care, education and the arts
- To create and support a diverse, international network of Open Floor teachers and communities.
- To create and modify training curriculum that reflects new research in science and the arts
- To provide training, including mentorship and supervision
- To provide on-line technology and local hubs for the creation of conscious movement communities
- To recruit interdisciplinary attendance, such as nurses, school teachers, social workers, at OFI trainings
- To encourage under represented populations to participate in OFI trainings through fundraising and scholarships.
- To adopt, encourage and educate others in the skilled use of Sociocracy (Dynamic Governance) within the organization
The dance floor is our common ground, where self expression, connection to others and connection to the spirit that animates us all is welcome.
Open Floor International is a creative collaboration of seasoned movement teachers from all corners of the globe.
Most of us grew up on the dance floor with Gabrielle Roth and consider her one of our most honored teachers. Regular practice grows our vocabulary for living and loving, both on and off the dance floor.
At Open Floor we believe that all creativity requires influence. Invention springs from a meeting of inspiration (teachers, artists, cultural trends, discoveries) and our own unique imagination.
Even the most radical artists and philosophers stand on the shoulders of those who have come before them. In turn they become the ground for those who come after.
The Open Floor curriculum is Open Source and registered with the Creative Commons.
Dancing makes common sense because it’s good for us. We are devoted to making embodied, conscious movement accessible.
We are committed to working with populations who would otherwise never have access to dance. We actively recruit from a wide range of professional fields for our training programs to integrate embodiment across disciplines including health care, education and the arts.
When we dance, we unite for the common good.
On the Open Floor everybody matters. Every BODY, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, size and ability has the right to dance in a welcoming space. We are growing local and global communities, and encouraging under-represented populations to participate in OFI trainings through fundraising and scholarships. Our business model, Dynamic Governance, reflects the same values of inclusion that we teach on the dance floor – equality, radical honesty and transparency. It is an elegant business model for a rapidly changing world. While there are leaders, the power is held by the group rather than any one individual.