After discovering the power of conscious dance over a fifteen year period, Liz started Open Floor Teacher & Therapist trainings, graduating in 2017 as both an Open Floor Movement Teacher and an Open Floor Movement Therapist. Liz is a member of ICMTA, the International Conscious Movement Teachers Association. She runs regular Open Floor practice classes and groups in the Wicklow area and is also available to travel for workshops. She attends regular professional supervision as well as ongoing continuing professional development. Liz abides by IACAT and ICMTA codes of ethics and can work comfortably through English, Spanish or French.
Liz offers one-to-one support for those going through bereavement, separation or loss of any kind, from her private practice in Greystones, Co. Wicklow, working with adults and children of all abilities. She is a Creative Arts Therapist with over sixteen years professional experience. She completed a Masters of Science in Bereavement studies with the Irish Hospice Foundation/RCSI in 2017 (1st Class Hons) and is particularly interested in working with grief through the body. Liz is one of few practitioners in Ireland trained in Complicated Grief Therapy and offers the treatment internationally over skype. Experienced and professional in her approach, Liz has been facilitating therapeutic and educational groups since 2001. She teaches a variety of workshops and trainings for:
- IAHIP (Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapists) ‘Working with loss and grief’ for psychotherapists.
- The Irish Hospice Foundation – “Communicating in Difficult Circumstances”
- IMNDA (Irish Motor Neuron Disease Association) – “How to manage when challenging situations arise through work”
- Short skill-building workshops for teachers dealing with grief and/or trauma in the classroom.
- Earthsong Camps; using movement and dance to resource ourselves in times of grief.
Liz facilitates the bereavement group in Greystones Cancer Support Centre and is in the process of setting up a private support group for women going through separation.