EXPLORE OPEN FLOOR
DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE
“The one great art is that of making a complete human being of oneself.” G.I. Gurdjieff
Ground Floor Lab is a five-day, in-depth tour of Open Floor movement practice. Two of our most seasoned teachers team up to immerse students in our dance curriculum. You’ll come away with an understanding of the core teachings and the skills to use them in your life, both on and off the dance floor.
This program attracts a diverse, international community of like-minded dancers who are interested in bringing embodied movement into their work. Ground Floor Labs are held regularly all over the world.
Attending a Ground Floor Lab is a prerequisite for anyone interested in training with Open Floor.
September 24-29, 2019, Villetrun, France
California, late 2019
- There are sessions for each of the ten Core Movement Resources, a universal movement language found in all embodied practices.
- You’ll have a taste of how we move on the Open Floor through the Four Dimensions of Embodiment and the Four Relational Hungers.
- Each movement session includes a look behind the scenes as professionals. This gives interested teachers/trainees an understanding of the intention, structure and purpose of each experience.
- The team will overview the philosophy and core values that inform the Open Floor teachings. This includes Dynamic Governance, our non-hierarchical, transparent organizational structure.
- You’ll have ample opportunity to ask questions, get curious and understand which training path might be right for you.
Ground Floor Labs are for those who:
- Are dedicated, long-term movers interested in knowing more about Open Floor and how it works.
- Are interested in training with Open Floor to become a teacher. A Ground Floor Lab is an excellent opportunity to experience and explore the Open Floor approach and decide if it is for you. Ground Floor Lab is a prerequisite for the Open Floor Teacher Training.
- Already coach, train or teach an embodiment, movement or conscious dance practice and are looking for inspiration and new skills.
- Are mental health professionals who work with embodied movement and are interested in adding Open Floor to their offerings.
- Work in social care, health, mind-body therapies, education and rehab services, and would like to integrate embodied movement into their work.
To attend the Ground Floor Lab, a student must have taken at least 50 hours of conscious dance practice, of which at least 15 hours are Open Floor workshops or classes.
The tuition for attending a Ground Floor lab is €470 ($550) until May 15, 2019.
On May 15, 2019, the fee will increase to €550 ($650).
These prices do not include accommodation or meals.
Please fill out an application here:
Ground Floor Lab news & updates
Coming up GROUND FLOOR LAB
GROUND FLOOR LAB gallery